Sunday, November 27, 2022

Christmas Tree is Up

I like to use the Thanksgiving break to decorate the house for Christmas. Setting up the tree is actually a lot of work as mine is a custom tree I built several decades ago. I have a vaulted entry way in my house with a nice semi-spiral staircase. It is a very narrow area for a tree and so I custom built ours to fit perfectly. We then use the stairway to help decorate the tree. It works well but takes forever to set up, light, and then decorate. My wife and I have been working on it since Thanksgiving day. Fortunately we only really spend and hour or two each day. This evening we finally finished putting on the Christmas tree ornaments and it looks amazing.

One thing that has really helped speed up our decorating efforts is LED Christmas lights. Before we replaced all of the lights on the tree with LED's we would spend countless hours hunting down burned-out bulbs. It is nice to know that when I plug in the lights, they will just work. Thinking back on this Thanksgiving weekend about technology I am thankful for, I would have to say LED lighting is on that list.

No comments:

Post a Comment