Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Temu vs. Amazon

My wife recently bought me a linen suit. I had to host a company-wide event in New York and I wanted to look my best. The suit got a lot of complements and I enjoyed wearing it. I have continued wearing it as linen makes a great fabric for staying cool in summer.

While my new suit looks amazing, it can't change the fact that I am bald. Now I'm not saying baldness makes someone look better or worse, but you can't really wear a baseball cap with a linen suit. Not wearing a hat requires me to sunscreen my head or get a nasty sunburn. Sunscreen makes a bald head really shiny and so I prefer to wear a hat. What kind of hat goes well with a linen suit? A panama hat and my wife and I found one that we both like.

Initially we found the hat on Amazon for around $20. I thought about getting it but have been spending a lot of money on myself lately and so I opted to hold off. My wife was talking with some of her friends who have fallen in love with Temu and suggested she give it a try. She found the same hat on Temu for only $8. At that price she felt like she could get me an early Father's Day gift and gave it to me on Sunday. I wore it with my suit and looked like a villain from a James Bond film. Naturally I liked the combo.

This evening I started looking around to see what else is available on Temu. There are a lot of t-shirts with silly sayings but I wanted to see if they have more substantial items. I did a search for left-handed guitars and found a lot of musical items but no left-handed guitars. I doubt there are as many items as are available on Amazon but they have some great deals. From now on, I will probably search both sites and see which one has the better prices. So far Temu seems to be winning but we'll see how long that lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment