Saturday, December 23, 2017

Bad Weather

Scandinavian countries have a saying, "There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing." My youngest daughter works for an outdoor clothing retail store and she loves to use that saying on days like today where it is wet and cold outside. A lot of people chuckle and think she is just trying to sell really good snow jackets. Sometimes it even works.

I love wet and cold days like today for several reasons. It means there is snow in the mountains and this year we need a lot more snow. This morning I got up and was pleasantly surprised by 6-inches of fresh snow for my morning skiing. I also didn't feel guilty about seeing a movie in the middle of the day. Bad weather just makes it easier to stay inside. Now I am back from the movie and about to begin a nice long video-game session.

Sometimes a cold-wet day can be a bit of a drag, but not today. Instead of being sad because I can't go outside, I am using it as an excuse to stay inside and do all of those fun things that one does when the days are short and the nights long. Hopefully you are enjoying the weather where you are too, no matter the conditions outside. And remember that if you have to be outside, there is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment