Tuesday, October 13, 2009

iPhone Not Perfect

Yesterday I had my first real glitch with my iPhone. The phone is over a year old and I had heard about others having problems with it but thought I had a perfect phone. As it turns out, I was wrong.

I had to give somebody a call and reached for my phone. Normally the screen is blank when I pull it out of its holster but this time it wasn't. When I tried to slide my finger across the bottom to unlock it, the screen remained frozen with the usual background being displayed.

Luckily I was at home and so I could log onto the Internet and do a quick search. Had I been on the road, there would have been no way to figure out how to reset the phone. It turns out you just have to hold the only two buttons on the iPhone to cause it to reboot. You have to hold them both down together for four seconds when the screen will blank out. You continue holding the buttons until the Apple logo appears. That was it. The phone works again.

I wish I knew what caused the problem so I could tell Apple. I really hate it when my phone doesn't work and I'm sure it is going to cause someone else a problem in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment