Friday, October 23, 2009

Time to Clean the Office

Monday I will be starting a new project and so I get to spend today cleaning my office in preparation. The problem is that I am not really sure what to do with some hardware I received from an old project. I need to find space for it so I am not constantly working around it.

Last year I developed some kiosk software for the home improvement industry. I now have a kiosk at my house. The thing is huge! There are sample pieces of cabinetry in my garage with the computer part sitting in my office. The computer has two screens. One is a touch-screen that the customer uses to provide input while the other screen shows video of the manufacturing process for the products being sold.

The problem is that my office is already filled with computer equipment and I don't have room for two screens. Do I build a shelf above the laser printer and stack the color ink-jet on top of it? Nope that won't work because the color printer is also my scanner and that makes the scanner too difficult to use. Maybe I should move one of the two Playstation2's? Nope that won't work because there still won't be enough room. Besides, how will my sons be able to play video games against eachother if one of the Playstations is taken down.

I could try and find a storage place for the kiosk computer but I am still doing active development with it. Part of the purpose of actually having a kiosk is so I can see how the software runs on it. I guess I will just have to make room for it somewhere. I think if I swap locations with the touch screen and the paper cutter, everything fits. Yep that just might work. I guess I can't put this off any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment