Friday, October 30, 2009

Following Footsteps

We have gotten more snow in the mountains and two of my kids were out of school today. So my oldest and I headed up to Alta for another day of hiking to make some turns.

Hiking up the ski hill is a lot of work. I would prefer to ride the lift but that's the price you pay to be able to ski before the resorts open. It also is a great form of exercise.

Unfortunately my son is in much better shape than I am and so he took the lead. Every once and a while he would stop and wait for his old man to catch up. As for me, I just looked down in the snow and followed his tracks. On occasion I would look up the hill to see how much farther to go but mostly I looked down and kept putting one foot in front of the other.

In the past I have been the one at the front of the line and responsible for creating the trail. Today it was nice to follow in the footsteps of someone else. Computers are similar. It is always easier to follow the path created by someone else. My hope is that this BLOG serves as a path for others. So if there is computer problem you are trying to solve, drop me an e-mail at mbennett@privateersoftware.com and I will see if I can't help.

No comments:

Post a Comment