Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My New Years Resolution

Christmas break is over and now I find myself back at work in San Francisco. That means I don't have as much time to play video games and I have to admit that I am a little sad about that. The last couple of days of vacation, I picked up my PSP and was having fun playing some new games I got for it. Luckily the PSP is small enough that I can throw in my suitcase and cart back and forth between Salt Lake and the Bay Area.

Last night, I got back to the boat after a full day at the office and watched a little television while I cooked and ate dinner. Then there was nothing on that I really wanted to see so I did something new: I turned off the TV. For about two years now, I have gone back to the boat after work and wasted my time in front of the idiot box. This year I have decided that I want to watch a lot less television. When I turned it off last night, I had three hours of free time to do whatever I wanted. I turned on my computer and spent time working on one of my many projects.

I find it interesting that I spent my Christmas break playing video games instead of watching television in the evenings and that seems to have broken my addiction to the various shows I felt the need to watch. Now I have a lot more time for other things and I feel like a new man. See, there is a benefit for video games. At least there was for me as your mileage may vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment