Saturday, October 27, 2012

Time To Vote

Today I voted. I will not be in my state of residence on Election Tuesday and so I took advantage of early voting here in Utah. There was one polling location open on Saturday and so I had to drive all the way to the city/county building in downtown Salt Lake. I was pleased I was able to vote as this is a very important election year.

In my eagerness to get downtown and vote, I probably didn't spend enough time researching the issues and/or candidates. My wife warned me that there were a few bozos and so I steered clear of them. What about everybody else? I hate political ads on the TV and so I tune them out. I don't think they are the best source of information anyways. As you may have a week or so before the election, I recommend you use your favorite Internet search engine and educate yourself on not only the candidates, but also the issues being voted on this year. I voted against any new taxes, but you may feel differently.

I try to avoid politics in my blog and so my only advice for the election this year is for the office of president: Mit Romney. While some believe it was nice to have a change in the Presidency these last 4 years, I think Obama's health care plan is just one more nail in the coffin for American jobs. I know a number of small to mid-sized companies that cannot afford the increase in health insurance premiums. With the ease of outsourcing jobs overseas these days, these small to mid-sized companies will find it much less expensive to employ someone in a foreign country.

No comments:

Post a Comment