Friday, November 9, 2012

Ski Season Around the Corner

Last night I flew home to Utah from the Bay Area because I will be heading to Japan on Sunday. I am attending a conference and last year I needed to leave on Saturday to make it in time. This year my team has decided to forget about the first day so we don't blow a weekend at home. I wish I had known that when I was making my flight arrangements a month ago. Oh well, I got an extra day to work from home. It actually worked out well though.

Before I left last night, my wife sent me a text indicating it was going to be a bumpy landing. She was not wrong, it was quite the roller coaster. That was because we had a storm coming in. There was a 40 degree temperature drop over night and this morning I had a bunch of snow in my front yard. It is a good thing my home office doesn't have any windows or I would have spent the day watching the snow pile up.

I am in my fourth year on the board of directors for the Snowbird Sports Education Foundation or Snowbird Ski Team. One of the perks is that I get a huge discount on my Snowbird Seasons Pass. The only problem with it is that I have to abide by certain rules. One of those is that I have to pick up my season's pass at specific times. This afternoon at 4pm was one of those times. I won't be around at the other times and so if I want to get my pass before the mountain opens, I had to get it today. So it worked out for me.

What does any of that have to do with computers? Well a number of resorts are getting ready to open and the best way to decide if it is worth making the trek to the mountains is by looking at their web cameras. Here are some links to some of my favorite mountains:

Alta, Utah
Snowbird, Utah
Snowbasin, Utah

Squaw Valley, California
Kirkwood, California

Vail, Colorado

Whistler, B.C., Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment