Tuesday, November 20, 2012

No VPN Access

This morning I got up early and immediately went to work in my office at home. I got through my e-mail in a hurry and was feeling like I had a great start on the day. Then I had to run a quick errand. Rather than remain logged into my company's virtual private network (VPN), I logged out. My errand only took 20 minutes and when I got back in front of my computer, I tried to log in again. I got an error saying: "Your primary account has been disabled." Gee, I hope I didn't get fired. I like my job.

Actually I have a pretty good idea what the problem is. When I first started this job almost 2 and a half years ago, I was given 2 different accounts. On some of the computers at work, I log in using a mix of several characters from my first name with my complete last name. On the rest, I just use my first initial with my last name. It can be confusing at times and I ran into a problem a few weeks ago. Now our IT department is making an effort to unify all of my accounts and I am sure this is a temporary side-effect. It is a good thing Snowbird is open as I know how I am going to spend the rest of my day while they get this resolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment