Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Night Alternatives

Halloween is one of those nights that children look forward to weeks before it happens. So is Christmas Eve. Tonight is the opposite. I will be so glad when this evening is over. I am tired of watching all of those political commercials or listening to them on the radio. One will be for a proposition or candidate while the next one will be against the previous ad. Recently there was a story about a young girl crying because of all the name calling. I can sympathize.

My trick for getting through this evening is to not turn on the TV. That is why I am on my computer adding to my blog. Later I will be doing other things on the Internet. There are a number of wholesome and worthwhile activities to be found there. If I was at the office, playing online video games would be a great start. As I am on my boat and don't have my gaming console, I will opt for something else.

I could watch a movie on Hulu or NetFlix, but my Internet connection is shared among a number of other boats and can be slow at times. This causes pauses in a streaming video and can be rather tedious. This evening I am going to do some software development. Previously I mentioned I am working on a new game and so I will work on that. That would be a better use of my time anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment