Friday, February 7, 2014

Let the Games Begin

Today marks the start of the 2014 Winter Olympic games. Actually they started quite a while ago when you factor in all of the athletes' preparation as well as the organizers. I don't mind watching the Summer Olympics but I really make it a point to watch the Winter games. They are faster, more exciting, and strike a chord with me as I am a skier.

Right now I am at the airport and just got off the phone with my wife who is sitting down to watch the opening ceremonies. Considering they took place over 8 hours ago, you would think I would be able to pull them up on my computer or phone and be able to watch them. I tried on my phone but was unsuccessful. NBC owns the rights to the games in the United States and so it is not like you can watch them from any other source. Don't worry, you don't have to watch them on the TV as NBC has a website where you can see them. They have also created iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows Phone apps so you can watch them on your mobile devices. It is called the NBC Sports Live Extra app and can be found in the usual places. There is a catch though: you must be a subscriber to cable or satellite TV.

I am a current cable subscriber but still can't figure out how to log in and watch the opening ceremonies. I can watch a couple several minute videos but I was hoping for more. I guess I can console myself knowing the Olympics really begin tomorrow and tonight's event is probably really boring anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment