Monday, February 10, 2014

Spoiler Alert

Sunday was the Men's Downhill at the Olympics. Bode Miller of the United States had the winning time of all three training runs prior to the actual race. Everyone expected him to win the event and several of my close friends were planning on staying up late and watching it live on the Internet. I was a bit tired from the previous day and so I slept through the live broadcast. I got up early on Sunday and was hoping to watch a streaming video of the Men's Downhill and loaded up NBC's Olympic page.

One would think that NBC had someone who knew what they were doing build their website. Instead of presenting a bunch of videos, they had headlines of Bode Miller's disappointing run even though he was the best placed American. Why watch the event when I already know the outcome? Come on NBC, show us the videos first and create a somewhat hidden page with the results.

Eventually I was able to find the Men's Downhill video only to be told I had to wait 8 hours after the event before I could watch it. Why? Who made these rules? No wonder NBC is the worst of the big 3 television networks.

No comments:

Post a Comment