Thursday, December 11, 2014

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

I was going through my e-mail earlier today and received a note from PlayStation with news of a trailer for the new Uncharted 4: A Thief's End game. The trailer shows 15 minutes of game play and it looks amazing. I am a big fan of the Uncharted series of video games and will add that to my must have list when it becomes available. Uncharted is one of those games that makes it worth owning a PlayStation video game console as it isn't available anywhere else.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune first came out in November of 2007 and was an interesting game in that it played more like an interactive movie than a video game. I got the game shortly after its release and found it to be a lot of fun. I made the mistake of introducing it to my sons who also enjoyed it unceasingly. When Uncharted 2: Among Thieves came out in October of 2009, I immediately picked up a copy and my sons attacked it with vigor. Naturally we couldn't wait to pick up Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception when it came out in November of 2011.

My youngest son really enjoyed the second game and thought it was the best of the three until about half way through the third one. Then he decided it was the best but felt the last two were a lot better games than the first one. We were all sad that there weren't going to be any more Uncharted games. Then the PlayStation Vita came out and had another Uncharted game among the launch titles. When they showed the Uncharted 4 demo at E3 this year, we were all pleasantly surprised.

The recent game play video puts Uncharted 4 as coming out in 2015 which means we don't have to wait too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment