Friday, December 26, 2014

Video Game Review: FIFA 15

Christmas break is the best time of the year for me to catch up on playing video games. Unfortunately this year I have not had much of a time to play. I have spent a lot of time working on cars, skiing, and taking care of household chores. My oldest son has been home using my PlayStation 4 and playing FIFA 15. My review of the game is based on watching him play.

I have to say that the graphics on the PS4 are incredibly real. Even though you are playing a video game, it looks like you are watching a real soccer match. The announcers you hear as you play complete the experience and do a great job of describing what is taking place.

My son really enjoys how the game plays. You control a single player on the screen but can rotate through the other players so you are always close to the ball. There is a small read triangle that indicates which player you are controlling. When you are cycle through the the character you created at the beginning of the game, the red triangle is highlighted. Your ultimate goal is to make him look good. If you have other controllers, your friends can play with or against you.

Actual soccer matches are around 90 minutes long. The clock runs a little faster in FIFA 15 and so they only last about 12 minutes. When my son has a quick 15 minutes, he runs down to the TV room and plays a match. That is not nearly as quick as some of the other casual games you can play on your phone, but doesn't blow an entire evening like other games have a tendency to do.

FIFA 15 is available for the the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, XBox 360, and XBox One. It is rated E for everyone. I recommend it for those that like sports games, any fan of Soccer, and those with multiple controllers for their console that love to have friends over to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment