Sunday, October 30, 2016

Meeting Celebrities

This morning I visited with one of my friends who introduced me to Jeff Clark, a famous big-wave surfer. I knew I had heard his name before and his face looked familiar. I used to surf back in my early college days but I haven't followed the sport in quite some time. Naturally my curiosity got the better of me and I wanted to find out more about him. So this evening I pulled out my trusty laptop and did an Internet search on his name.

I am always asking how we survived before the days of the Internet. If you ever need to know anything, the first place to look is your favorite search engine. Have a question about some random fact? Search the Internet.

My friend that introduced me to Jeff this morning is my old surfing buddy that knew I have been away from the sport so long I might not know who he is. He wanted me to ask Jeff about his celebrity status. Fortunately Jeff is very self-effacing and not caught up in his own fame. He told me about his surfboard shop but didn't mention his many exploits at the big-wave surfing mecca known as Mavericks. I had to find that one out on my own. Sometimes celebrities are just cool like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment