Monday, February 13, 2017

One More Trip to Japan

I am currently in Japan and every time I come here I have to ask myself if this is my last trip to this wonderful country. For the past few years I have been working on a project that is based here. Now that project is coming to a close and I find myself moving to a new one. My new project has ties to Japan but not as strongly as my previous one.

When you know you will be back to a foreign country you don't worry about how much money to exchange as you will use it on a future trip. Japan further complicates things by relying heavily on stored-value cards. If I don't think I will be back, then I need to spend all of my Japanese yen as well as bring my stored-value cards down to zero. That requires careful planning as I have a pocket full of cash and 2 different cards with a significant amount on each. It would be much easier to assume that I will just be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment