Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Christmas Lights on the Boat

Tonight is my last night on the boat until after Thanksgiving. Then I won't be back in California the following week because of a trip to Japan and so I thought I would put my Christmas lights up. It is something I do every year. Some people may think it a waste as I won't be around to enjoy them. The reality is that I put them up for others and not myself.

In years past I have only turned on the Christmas lights while I am at the boat. Last year I tried to put the lights on a timer but the one I purchased came broken. I didn't have the chance to replace it until after Christmas. I have the new one on the boat this year and I know it works. I plan to keep the lights on the boat until I get back from the Holiday break in January. Every night from 6pm until midnight, the lights should come on.

I got done putting the lights up and sent a picture to my wife. She responded that the boat looks festive. I also sent a picture to a friend here in San Mateo who said the exact same thing. Another word one of them used was "cheerful." That is the spirit I am going for and so I consider the lights a success. As we enter the Holiday season, remember that most of the things we do are for others and not ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment