Tuesday, September 12, 2023

It is Good to be Home

I just got back from 2 weeks of extensive travel and it is good to be home. At the end of August I headed to Los Angeles for work and while the distance is not that far from Salt Lake, I had full-day meetings which can take a lot out of you. Then I flew up to Alaska to spend the Labor Day weekend with my youngest daughter who is an ocean-kayak guide. She had to show us her fitness and ripped our arms off to beat us with them. Then I had to take a red-eye flight back to California for another set of all-day meetings. Once home I didn't have the luxury of sleeping in my own bed as I loaded up my truck and headed to Scott's Peak, which is right above Brighton Ski Area. I spent the night staying up and helping runners participating in the Wasatch 100 Ultramarathon. Needless to say, my internal body clock is just now getting back to normal.

One thing I miss while traveling is access to a second computer monitor. It is always helpful to have a primary working monitor coupled with a second one to put look-up information. For instance I may use my primary monitor for a video meeting and use the second monitor to display information I need during the meeting.

Another thing I miss while on the road is my second computer. While at home I make sure to do work on my Sony-provided laptop and personal things on my desktop computer. Not having that second computer means I am trying to do everything on my work computer. I mostly just read personal e-mail but that means I can't edit videos or write narrations for my YouTube videos. I have one that I am working on right now and wish I could have made progress on it while traveling.

Then there are all the comforts of home that I miss while away. Things like sleeping in my own bed, having access to my full wardrobe, or being able to watch movies in my theater room. Yes it is fun to travel to interesting places but it also feels good to be back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment