Monday, September 25, 2023

Will I Ever Need Sick Days

My cold has turned into an ear infection and I am doing my best to fight it without antibiotics. Yesterday I felt pretty good but today I am drained and tired. I must have had a rough night. The net is I don't really feel like going to work. The good news is I don't mind doing work at home. I have 5 online meetings today and I can attend all of them. There are a few other things I need to do and can also get that work done. Basically I can continue to work and don't feel the need to call in sick.

COVID-19 has paved the way for working from home for a lot more people. While I am a special case and am allowed to work from home every day, my colleagues that go to the office frequently are also allowed to work from home several days a week. This was not possible at Sony, where I work, before COVID.

Now I have a mild illness so I don't have a problem trying to work. If I felt worse like I did once with a nasty flu, then I would want to burn a sick day. However for colds or minor illnesses, working from home is sufficient to help me keep up on my work so I don't fall behind. It also saves my time off for those times when I really need it, like exciting adventure vacations.

No comments:

Post a Comment