Thursday, September 21, 2023

COVID-19 is Back

Today I awoke feeling a little under the weather. I attended a call last night with some of my colleagues in California and one mentioned how there is a huge COVID-19 surge in the state. Given this information and my recent vacation cruise I figured I would give myself an at-home test. It came back negative and so I will wait 2 days and take another one.

I am a National Geographic subscriber and so every day I get at least one e-mail from them with a number of relevant stories. Today's lead article talked about how COVID-19 is back and starting on Monday, September 25, 2023, the Federal Government will send out 4 new test kits to those that request them. If you think you have been exposed to the virus and start to feel symptoms, Please take a test.

The good news is that all the people who have been vaccinated, received boosters, had COVID-19, or any combination should be fairly safe from getting too sick. Unfortunately it is still possible as shown by the recent upswing in hospitalizations. The best course of action is to avoid exposure but that can be tough when those who are sick don't realize it and share their germs with you.

As for me, I don't have any problem breathing right now. I don't have a fever and I can still taste so I am hoping I just picked up a common cold. I will be sure to set a good example, not go anywhere, and isolate so I don't infect anyone, just to be safe. While nobody wants to get COVID-19, nobody wants to get a cold either.

No comments:

Post a Comment