Sunday, December 24, 2023

Christmas Eve Toy Assembly

My kids are all grown and some even have kids of their own. That doesn't mean I won't be assembling toys this evening. I think it is a time-honored tradition to wait until the last minute before wrapping and assembling toys for Christmas morning.

Fortunately parents of today have a number of options to help them for those hard-to-build toys. A simple Internet search will yield Reddit threads and YouTube videos to help you create a magical morning for your children. The trick is to make sure you have all the necessary parts and tools. Nothing is more difficult for a child than waking up Christmas morning and not being able to play with your new toy because of missing batteries.

Last night I did a walk around my neighborhood and saw a fellow grandparent putting together a playhouse. I heard the the sound of a drill tightening wood screws and saw the nearly completed structure, sans roof in the open garage. Today I saw him again and asked about the spectacular gift. Things are going well and he is glad he began the project a bit early. He should be finished up by about the same time Santa gifts are expected under the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment