Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Christmas 2018

I normally don't post to my blog on Christmas but have some extra time this evening after a very busy day with the family. I thought I would sit down and type a few words about this special day of the year. While it would be fun to pontificate on what makes a good Christmas, I like my blog to have a more technical focus and so I will try to stick to that. However I would like to add that a good snow always makes a great Christmas and today I had a great day skiing at Alta.

My kids and wife don't really have a large list of things they can get me for Christmas. If there is something I want, I will generally go out an get it. Everyone did surprise me this year and got me a few things that I had talked about during the year but had forgotten about.

My stocking contained a couple of off-brand sports cameras that I pointed out to my daughter when they came on sale for $50. They seem equivalent to the GoPro Hero 4 but I have only had the chance to play with them for a bit and may be overselling them. I have wanted to create more adventure videos and so I am hoping the cameras will help gather footage. One nice thing about having 2 of them is I can set them up to record from different angles and have more footage to choose from.

The new cameras are capable of recording in 4K and so it is important to make sure I have Class 10 or U3 micro SD cards (this is the technical part of the post). I have a couple of them from a few weeks ago and so I am good for now but will want to pick up more. I will be interested to provide a review of the camera hardware once I spend a bit more time with them. Stay tuned for that in a future post. Until then, I hope you have had a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment