Tuesday, November 30, 2021

The One Company Everyone Should Interview With: Amazon

I have been at the job search for a month or so now and I thought I would share how things are going. While it can be an ego boost to have quite a few companies reach out and ask you to interview with them, it is more depressing to have them come back and say they are not moving forward with bringing you onboard. As I am more interested in finding the right opportunity than just landing a job, I thought I would share some tips I am learning during my own job search. My first tip is that everyone should try to get an interview with Amazon.

Why Amazon? Well they have a very formal job interview process that requires you to do a lot of homework before what they call the "Interview Loop." That homework helps with the interview process with other companies. It forces you to put your job-related stories in a format that flows well and highlights your career.

This morning I had an interview with a very interesting company. I think I did a great job sharing information because of my interview with Amazon. I may not get either job but I do feel significantly more prepared for future interviews. I'm sure you will too.


No comments:

Post a Comment