Saturday, December 18, 2021

Favorite Streaming Christmas Movies

This evening my wife and I sat down to watch a movie and it is only fitting we should watch a Christmas movie as it is that time of the year. We first went into our Disney+ account and saw what they had there. We saw the usual favorites like "Home Alone", "I'll be Home for Christmas", and "The Santa Clause." We felt like we have seen those too many times and looked for something we haven't seen. Ultimately we settled on a 48-minute short called "The Lego Star Wars Holiday Special." It is very light hearted and funny. If you are looking for a great way to keep young kids entertained, I recommend it. If you want something a little more meaningful, skip it.

As the show we picked didn't take too long we looked some more. We have always enjoyed "Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas" and we also briefly looked at the animated version of "A Christmas Carol." Ultimately we headed over to Amazon Prime to see if they had anything interesting and new to watch.

There are a lot of Christmas movies on Amazon Prime. Unfortunately most of them fail to entice me to watch them. We have seen a few interesting movies such as "Guess Who is Coming to Christmas" which is totally cheezy but also fun to watch. Ultimately we ended up turning off the television and doing other things.

So what are your favorite Christmas movies to watch this time of year? I love "Die Hard (edited for television)" but while it takes place at Christmas, doesn't really put you in the Christmas mood. There is always "It's a Wonderful Life", "White Christmas", and "A Christmas Story". Last week we watched "Jingle All the Way" for the first time and I don't think my wife will forgive me. I have no desire to watch "Elf" but understand a lot of people love that movie. So what is your favorite Christmas movie? I am always looking for something fun to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment