Monday, December 27, 2021

Batteries Not Included

About a week before Christmas I strolled through our local Costco and saw an inflatable hot tub. While I love the idea of having a hot tub, I don't want the constant maintenance hassle nor the expensive electrical bill. My parents had a hot tub and used it frequently for about a year. Then they drained it and it sat unused for several more before they happily sold it and have never regretted that decision. The idea of an inflatable hot tub appealed to me because I can take it down when it is not in use and only set it up when needed.

My wife saw the spa and told me she thought it would be a great Christmas gift. Being the good husband that I am, I went back a few days later while she was at work and bought it. Unfortunately I didn't look closely at the packaging to see that it required 1-inch chlorine tablets that are not included. Sure I could set up the hot tub but then would worry about nasty things quickly growing in it. It is sitting in my family room for the moment until I can find those 1-inch tablets.

On the way home from skiing today, I needed to run a few errands and so I went to several stores looking for the chlorine. Walmart carries them but only during the summer months here in Utah. Home Depot also has them, but again they only keep them in stock at the same time as Walmart. This evening we came home from a nice restaurant and I jumped onto Amazon to see if they could get me some by Wednesday. Nope, not until mid-January.

My wife did some searching online and found a pool-supply store close to our house but they are closed right now. Tomorrow we will go pay them a visit and we will see if we can't purchase some of the required tablets. If only I had bothered to read all of the fine print the day I purchased this magnificent gift, I would already have the one thing needed to set up the spa. I'd like to say that I will learn from this experience but honestly doubt I will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment