Sunday, December 19, 2021

Waiting for my Daughter's Flight to Arrive

This evening I get to head to the Salt Lake airport and pick up my daughter who is flying in. Normally I don't bother posting to my blog on Sunday's but today is special. I am using technology to track my daughter's flight so I know when to leave the house and go to the airport. I know exactly how long it takes to get to there and how long it will take her to get off the plane and to the front of the airport. That means I can use Flightaware to track her plane.

All I had to do was input her flight number and it tells me where the plane is at the current moment. I know that my daughter is on Southwest flight 484 this evening and so I entered SWA484 into the website and can see exactly where the plane is right now. I also get such information as airspeed and altitude. Having flown a lot (I'm at over 2 million lifetime miles) I can almost feel the plane coming in for a landing. 

I guess I had better leave for the airport now as my daughter will be on the ground in less than 10 minutes. It will take her time to get off the plane and walk the entire length of the new Salt Lake airport. I don't want to wait too long nor do I want her to wait much at all. We'll see how well I timed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment