Tuesday, December 20, 2022

It Must Be Christmas Break

This evening I am trying to fix a date for a meeting at work after the first of the year and I keep getting automatic e-mail responses from people saying they are out of the office until after the first of the year. I will continue working until Thursday evening but I wonder how productive I will be. If anything relies on other colleagues, probably not very.

I woke up early this morning and had a call with my counterparts in Europe. Then I took a call this evening with Japan. That makes for a very long day in the office and so I made sure to take a break this afternoon around lunch and spent an hour on the ski hill. There is a marked difference between the skiers of last week, those that ski a lot and ski well, vs. today where people skied much more erratically, an indication of vacation skiers. I remarked to my wife that it must be Christmas break already.

On my call this evening we all signed off with, "Merry Christmas and have a happy Holiday." Things are really winding down and everyone is eager to celebrate the end-of-year break. Perhaps I will be able to get a number of projects done for work as I won't have any interruptions.

Probably the most helpful comment I can make in today's blog post is that I hope all your Christmas shopping is done. I have received a constant barrage of e-mails letting me know that the time has past for online retailers to ship stuff before Christmas. Of course there are some exceptions as next-day-shipping is always an option. My advice though is to visit a good old fashion store if you still have Christmas shopping to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment