Thursday, May 7, 2015

Airport WiFi

Lately my WiFi has not been working on the boat and my new Android phone has a security policy that doesn't allow tethering or being turned into a Hotspot. That means if I want to use the Internet on the boat I have to use my phone. I'm not too upset as it won't be too long before one of them starts working again and I am enjoying the peace and quiet that a lack of the Internet provides.

I am at the San Francisco airport right now and discovered there is free WiFi. That discovery prompted me to pull out my laptop and start doing some things I have not been able to do on the boat, like write in this blog. I didn't think that I was going through Internet withdrawals during the week until I got to the airport. Now I am going crazy getting stuff done I haven't been able to take care of on the boat. You would think I would have taken care of all this while at the office where there is no lack of Internet connection.

The downside is that Airport WiFi is only good for about an hour. Then you have to watch another ad or click a terms-of-agreement button. Oh well, as long as I am not trying to stream a movie before my flight it is only a minor annoyance.

No comments:

Post a Comment