Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Christmas Lights

This evening is a cold and rainy night on the boat in the Bay Area. Don't worry, I have two heaters running and so the inside of my boat is nice and comfortable. I also did something a little different with my boat this year: I added Christmas lights to the lifelines around the deck. I just stepped outside for a quick moment to get something and my colorful lights make the boat that much more warm and inviting.

I decided to do Christmas lights on the boat to help me get in the Christmas spirit. For the past several years I have felt like something has been missing from this festive season. My son and his wife came by the boat last night and both remarked about how cozy it made the boat look

Tonight is my last night on the boat and then I head back to Utah to get ready for Christmas in earnest. There I have my Christmas tree set up and the house decorated for the upcoming festivities. That means tomorrow morning I will wake up and take the Christmas lights off the boat so they don't get damaged in one of the many storms that will sweep through the marina during my absence. Removing the lights won't take very long and I have to admit that it won't seem like a chore simply because I have enjoyed having them. There are a number of other boats in the marina with Christmas lights and they have helped add to the season atmosphere. So if you find yourself missing some of the Christmas spirit, put up some lights and see if that doesn't help.

No comments:

Post a Comment