Wednesday, December 28, 2016

More Online Purchase Problems

Last year I wrote about problems that can occur when making online purchases when I tried to purchase some active-3D glasses for a computer monitor. I also wrote about a problem in March of 2013 when the picture of the product I wanted didn't have anything to help me reference the size. Today my son's online purchase from Amazon arrived and it turns out they shipped the wrong item. When I needed to get a new ski rack for my wife's Jeep, I made sure to go to a local ski shop and buy locally. That way if I didn't like something, I could take it back and save myself shipping costs. My son should have read my post but instead ordered a ski box for his car using the aforementioned online retailer. The box they sent won't fit his skis as it is too short.

Fortunately Amazon does a good job of making things right when a problem occurs. In my son's case, they are paying to ship the item back but cannot ship him a new box quickly enough. He has to drive to California after the new year and will be leaving with a car full of skis before the new box can arrive. So what will he do? He found the box he actually wanted at a local retailer and picked it up this afternoon.

My son's comment to me today is that Amazon is great for sending out small things, such as something that can be carried by a drone. When it comes to large-sized purchases, it is too much of a hassle to deal with the various shipping companies when something goes wrong and so he will be purchasing locally. I think that makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment