Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Quick Video Games

I have a group of around 15 young men between the ages of 12 and 18 coming to visit me at work this evening. There will be the requisite number of adults joining them so I don't have to babysit them alone for the 90 minutes they plan to be here. Instead it is my job to give them a quick tour where I work and then let them play video games for about an hour. We have every console video game you can imagine in our game library and so I went through them looking for titles that the boys could instantly begin to play. Unfortunately I only have 4 consoles and TV's set up for the group. That is not nearly enough for everyone to get their own system and so I wanted to bring down a bunch of games that can be played in 15-minute increments.

Unfortunately console games are not meant to be played in 15-minute increments. That is what mobile games are for. I selected some popular sports titles such as FIFA 17, NBA 2K17 and Madden 17. Then I threw in several driving games like Project Cars and F1 2015 as those don't have too much of a learning curve. Naturally I added a few of the Lego games like Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Jurassic World as they can be a lot of fun and are meant for a younger audience.

I eagerly await the arrival of the group of young men and hope I chose wisely. I know they will be a bit distraught that I didn't throw in any first person shooters like Call of Duty but I am trying to avoid anything with and ESRB rating of M for mature. The last thing I want is a bunch of angry parents asking me why I exposed their kids to inappropriate video games. Of course, I am sure that is what the boys will want to play. After all, I remember being a teenage boy and that is what I would have wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment