Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Lost Without a Mobile Phone

I got to the Salt Lake airport this morning and ran into one of the 30 or so regulars I normally fly with on Monday mornings. We both had the day off yesterday and were making our weekly trek to the Bay Area on a Tuesday. He asked me if I have ever forgotten my phone. I have once or twice and told him so. He asked what I did and I recounted the options in my previous post on the subject. I emphasized that if he bought a cheap prepaid phone, he could use it to prank call the President as long as he didn't call anyone else. That at least got a laugh from him.

We all boarded our flight and I took my usual 90-minute nap. We got to the Bay Area and I had another regular frequent flyer drive me to my office. We talked about our buddy forgetting his phone and how important they have become in our daily lives. My chauffeur confessed that he was late getting to the airport last week because he had left his phone in the car. He had to run back and get it before boarding the flight back to Salt Lake.

I would like to think that I could go a weekend without my phone but probably would have gone back to get mine as well. What did we ever do before the days of mobile phones?


No comments:

Post a Comment