Sunday, November 23, 2014

A Relaxing Sunday

Tomorrow I don't have to wake up early and catch a flight to the Bay Area. Instead I will work the first three days of the week from home and have the next two days off. I try to make the most of my weekends and enjoy them up until the last minute. Knowing I don't have to catch a plane tomorrow has me much more at ease.

Normally I go to bed on Sunday evenings around 10:30 pm. That is because I have to wake up at 4:45 am on Monday to catch my flight. Tonight I can relax and not have to worry about what time to turn in. I also don't have to worry about packing my bags or making sure I have everything I will need for the week. Tonight is a much needed break.

So what am I going to do with all of this extra time? Read a book. Several years ago I picked up a book that contains journals from pioneers moving West in the mid 1800's. This morning I was able to crack off a chapter and realize how easy we have it today. While it may take me 11 hours to drive a car from my home in Salt Lake to the Bay Area, it took wagon trains months to cross the same distance. I also don't have to worry about my children dying of exposure along the way.

As we head into the Thanksgiving season, I have to say that I am thankful for the technology we have. I constantly utilize speedy transportation whether it be an automobile, train, or airplane. I also enjoy the benefits of instant electronic communication. This morning I sent an e-mail to my son in Armenia, half way around the world. I will have a response waiting for me tomorrow. Yes we live in wonderful times and I am thankful for that. I hope you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment