Sunday, November 29, 2015

Split-Screen Coop Mode

I did not get as much time as I would have liked to play video games this Thanksgiving break. I spent a lot of time skiing and while video games can be fun, skiing is much more fun. About the only spare time I had was yesterday afternoon when the family was done skiing and everyone but my oldest son and I was tied up with other activities.

We had some good father-son-bonding time and so I pulled out Star Wars Battlefront for the PS4. Some of the missions have three different modes to choose from: Solo, Coop, and Split-Screen Coop. While I have 2 PS4's, the 2nd one is in a different part of the house right now and so I didn't want to play coop mode. While we would be playing together, we would be far enough away that it really wouldn't count as father-son-bonding time. So we opted for split-screen coop. I took the top half of the screen while he took the bottom and held our own wave after wave of bad guys. It was a lot of fun.

We spent a couple of hours playing together and my son did much better than I did. At the end of each game, it would give statistics. We were pretty even except when it came to kills. I would get about 45 per game while he would get 75. Naturally I will have to concede that he is the better player but what is important is that the both of us had a lot of fun playing together.

When we were done, we headed to Target and picked up a 2nd copy of the game. Now when I am in California, I can play coop mode with him in Utah. I just need to bring one of my PS4's out there for when I am on my sailboat during the week. That will happen after Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment