Thursday, November 26, 2015

I'm Glad I Play Video Games

Today is Thanksgiving and so it is only appropriate that I express thanks for my video game playing skills. It is rare that anyone should be thankful for such a trivial thing. However this morning I was headed up for the usual Thanksgiving tradition of skiing while the turkey cooks when that skill was tested in real life. The mountain received six inches of new snow last night and so the road was very slick. We came up over a rise and there was a deer in the middle of the road. I hit the brakes before anyone else in the car even saw the radiator destroying obstacle. The anti-lock brakes did their thing and we stopped amazingly fast given the road conditions. The deer continued across the road unharmed as we drove away equally safe.

I once asked if there was a benefit to playing video games. Yes there is: your reaction time decreases. When a deer jumps out in front of you, it takes less time to hit the brakes than someone that doesn't play video games.

No comments:

Post a Comment