Monday, November 23, 2015

Waking Up Early

Every time I think I have this jet-lag thing figured out, I prove that I don't. I got home from Japan Friday evening and immediately went to bed. I woke up at 4:30 am and started the day as I couldn't fall back asleep. That gave me time to go through all of my accumulated e-mail and postal mail before the family got up and we went skiing.

I stayed up as late as I could on Saturday evening yet found myself asleep at 8:30pm. I thought I would sleep through the night but was up at 1:30am, unable to do anything more than force my eyes closed. I got out of bed at 3:30am and did a few quiet projects around the house.

Last night I stayed up and made it to 10:30 before I fell asleep. Then I was up this morning at 4:30 ready to go. The nice thing about being up so early is that I was able to get an early start on the day. I finished watching a YouTube video from a recent ham-radio conference. Then I read my e-mail from the weekend. When my wife woke up to get ready for work, I talked to her. I really felt like I got an early start on the day and appreciated what seemed like extra hours in the day.

Unfortunately it is only 5:30pm and I am ready for bed. My wife got tickets to go see a high-school play this evening in support of our niece. I hope I actually get to watch it and I don't end up taking a nap. Stupid jet-lag.

No comments:

Post a Comment