Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Spoiling Kids is Grandma's Job

Yesterday my wife called me from work and asked me to use my industry discount and pick up some console video games for a lady she works with. Naturally my wife wanted me to provide a recommendation or two. So the first question I asked is the age of the kid receiving the video game. He is seven years old. What do you get a seven year old kid? When my nieces and nephews come over, I have only one or two games I let them play. Most of them are older than that though.

When my wife came home from work, I asked her about the situation with a young person getting such an expensive video game console. I had to laugh when my wife told me that it is a gift from the child's Grandmother. Furthermore the Mom, with whom my wife works, is not happy about the gift. The kid originally asked for an iPad and when Mom said, "No," the kid amended the Christmas wish to a PlayStation 4. Grandma obliged.

Fortunately all of my kids are older and so I would have no problem if my or my wife's parents picked up an iPad or latest generation video game console for them. In fact I am wondering how I can get adopted and become this other lady's grandson.

For those of you looking for a recommendation on what video game to get a seven year old, I have no idea. There are a few games that I only know about because my company makes them. However I don't think that is very fair and so I will remain silent. If you can think of an appropriate game, please feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment