Friday, November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving Travel

I have had the luxury of being able to stay home this Thanksgiving and not having to travel to visit family. In fact, I didn't even go to work this week and instead worked from home. It has been rather nice. Others have not been so fortunate. When I do travel I have a number of sources that I use to help with my weather predictions.

If I am flying somewhere, my preference is to look up the weather forecast on my iPhone. There is a nice weather app that links into Yahoo's weather. While the predictions are not always 100% correct, they generally do a good job of telling me if it will rain or snow and the temperature range will be for the next several days.

If I am driving, my preference is the National Weather Service website. I find it to be much more accurate than any other forecasts available. Furthermore you can zoom in on specific areas that you will be driving and get detailed forecasts for each part of your trip. This is helpful when making long road trips. While it may be sunny in the Bay Area, I want to know if I will have to fight bad weather over Lake Tahoe, around Elko, or as I enter Salt Lake.

Those are my sources of truth. Perhaps there are better places but I have yet to find them and I do look.

No comments:

Post a Comment