Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Catching Up With Friends

One thing about spending time in the Bay Area and working in high-tech is that it is pretty easy to run into old work acquaintances. This morning I got a text from the former CEO of a company I used to work for. He wanted to get my opinion on a new project he is working on and so we met this afternoon for 30 minutes. It was good to catch up.

Last week, I was riding from my office back to my boat when I passed someone walking that I recognized. Amazingly we worked together at a company in New Jersey, yet here we were in California. Naturally I stopped and talked to him and it was good to catch up. Coincidentally, this friend worked with me at the same company that shared the CEO I met with today.

There are a number of old coworkers from my days at Oracle that reside in the Bay Area and I will often get together with them to catch up. After today I am glad that I make sure never to burn any bridges with those I have worked with in the past. You never know when you will run into them again. When you do, you want it to be a happy reunion and not an uncomfortable one.

No comments:

Post a Comment