Monday, December 10, 2012

2012 Christmas List

It is a bit later than usual, but I thought I ought to put out my annual Christmas list. All of my kids have shopped for me, but my wife is still looking. At least she says she is looking. I gave her a few ideas last week and she may have picked one of them up. She likes to play her proverbial cards pretty close to the vest this time of year.

I am really wanting a new TV, however they are still rather expensive unless you want something small. I don't. I want a big one and so that will have to wait for next year. I also want a new phone but still have not decided which one to get. It will probably take me several months of vacillating back and forth before I make a decision. While it would make my life easier if my wife would just get me a phone, it is something I want to pick out myself.

Here are some other ideas that almost everyone can afford:

An Electronic Transmitter Kit - Computers have replaced the hardware tinkering that used to take place, but building something you can show your friends without having to lug your computer around is still cool.

An Electronic Game Kit - Here is a kit that helps you build a small electronic memory game. While the game is pretty fun, building the kit is half the excitement.

A Remote Control Helicopter - Something to get the one you love outside. Well you could fly it inside, but might mark up the inside of your house.

A Hand-Crank Radio - Just in case those Mayans were onto something and the world really will end this year. You can open this gift a little early and listen to the news long after the power has gone out.

A Cable Tamer - To keep all of those computer cables from getting tangled behind your desk, or worse, in front of your desk.

A Computer Joystick - After playing with video game consoles, it can be tough to go back to the keyboard and mouse for computer games.

Hopefully this gives you a few ideas for that hard-to-shop-for guy in your house. If not, I'm sure there are a ton of other gift ideas on the Internet. Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment