Monday, December 31, 2012

Apple Going Downhill

Today I needed to update the operating system on my wife's Apple MacBook computer. The last time I needed to update the OS for another computer, I just bought a copy of Snow Leopard from the local store and loaded it onto the computer my kids use. It was a busy day being New Year's Eve, but my wife really wanted to get her computer fixed. So we braved the local Apple store on a holiday only to discover they don't carry it in the stores any more. The salesperson told me to order it online and they would send it to me. That wasn't going to help me today.

This is just one example of Apple not continuing to think about its customers. Another example is the iPhone 5. While some people love the phone, there are a number of unlucky customers that got a substandard product that doesn't work very well. My brother-in-law was one such user and is now trying to figure out how to unload his iPhone 5 for something that is usable. This has me holding onto my old iPhone a bit longer as I try to figure out what to replace it with. If only Google would polish the Android operating system so that it was at least close to the level of iOS.

Steve Jobs understood the importance of the customer and now it seems as if the new CEO is letting Apple start the downhill slide that eventually happens to all companies at the top of their industry. Sure that slide can be stopped, but Apple should wake up now before it is too late. As for me, I am starting to look at other options.

No comments:

Post a Comment