Thursday, December 27, 2012

Website Consistency

Last night it snowed again. Normally a skier would be very happy about fresh snow, but it has been snowing all week and I am sort of getting tired of skiing powder every day. Don't get me wrong, I love powder. I am just ready to ski in conditions where I can actually see where I am going.

One more problem with all of this constant snow is that it makes for very difficult driving. Yesterday I watched a lot of idiots slide off the road in their SUVs with summer tires. Four-wheel drive doesn't do anything for you if you don't have tires with an aggressive winter tread. I highly recommend metal studs in your tires for winter driving.

Before heading to Snowbird this morning for another day of skiing, I made sure to check their website to see if the road was open. There were conflicting messages on the home page. First there was a banner across the top exclaiming that the road would remain closed until 8:30 am for avalanche control. Immediately under the banner was a green light with a message saying the road was open. Checking the police department's website verified that the road was closed and not scheduled to open until 8:30 am. There is an old saying that applies to this: A man with one watch knows what time it is. A man with two isn't quite sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment