Monday, December 16, 2013

Android Phone vs iPhone

I have been carrying both an Android phone and my iPhone 5 for a week now and I have to say it is kind of a pain having 2 phones. I am constantly afraid I am going to leave my Android phone somewhere because I don't have a dedicated carrying case for it yet. To be honest, I am afraid to get a case because then I will have 2 phone cases on my belt and will look like an uber-nerd. Well we may be past that point right now.

My first week has taught me a lot. My Android phone is significantly larger (5.70 x 2.79 inches) than my iPhone (4.90 x 2.33 inches). That has its advantages and disadvantages. Some long-time iPhone users think the Android phone is too big while others are tired of the iPhone's size and want a bigger screen. I actually prefer to read my e-mail on the Anroid phone, something I rarely do on my iPhone. It sure is tough to put in my pocket though.

I have always said that the user interface for Android is not quite done. I still believe that to be true. There are also a lot more "hidden" or non-intuitive elements with Android. The funny thing is that in learning about Android, I am also learning more about iOS as there are things it does now that I have never thought about.

It has only been a week with my Android phone and so I am still more comfortable with my iPhone. However I am liking some of the Android features more and more each day. I'll try to remember to provide more feedback after the new year. Perhaps I might be a bit less biased and be able to give an objective comparison of both phones.

No comments:

Post a Comment