Friday, December 20, 2013

Android Keeps Me More In Touch

I always thought that having to carry 2 mobile phones was going to be awful but I am enjoying being able to compare and contrast Android with iOS. Over the past couple of days I have felt more in touch with work because of my Android phone.

Last night I spent the day working while my wife took my son to a ski race in Park City. She knew it was going to kill her entire day and so I thought I would make it up to her by taking care of dinner. My intention was to get a pizza but time got away from me. Instead of leaving my wife to whip something up, I took everyone out to a restaurant.

We had to be quick about dinner because I only had an hour before an evening conference call with co-workers in Japan. We got to the restaurant and I was able to see a string of e-mails related to the meeting which eventually got cancelled due to problems in Tokyo. While I have the ability to read work e-mail on my iPhone, the larger Android display makes reading e-mail much easier. That means I read my work e-mail more often and am always in touch. This can be a blessing and a curse.

No comments:

Post a Comment