Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas

This has been a pretty good Christmas for me. When I was a kid, that meant I got lots of gifts that I wanted. Now that I am older it has a completely different meaning. So many adults dread the Christmas season and actually become depressed. Not me. I love this season. Some of it has to do with being able to really start skiing again. Most of it has to do with spending time with family and close friends.

Last night I had a good friend drop by and let us share our Christmas Eve feast with him. Unfortunately he is divorced and Mom had the kids last night while he has them today. His plan was to go hang out at a cabin in the mountains alone. I am glad he stopped by and spent a little time with us. He greatly added to our evening.

This morning my wife and I were awoken by our youngest daughter giving us a call. She is in North Carolina and was unable to come home for the Holidays. It was great to be able to talk with her for a bit. We then talked with her for about an hour just before noon. The conversation wasn't expensive but was one of our most cherished gifts this year.

I managed to get a few things that I really wanted and one of those gifts was a remote control helicopter. It wasn't anything expensive nor was it very fancy. My older son also got one. Both gifts were from my youngest son and the three of us had a great morning flying them around the house. Sure there were a lot of crashes and we kept having to dig behind the couches to recover them and get them flying again. It was a lot of fun and time well spent with my boys.

Yes it has been a great Christmas day. Very little of it has to do with the material things of the world though. All of it has to do with time spent with family and close friends. I hope you had a Merry Christmas as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment