Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Merry Christmas

I hope you had a very merry Christmas this year. Mine felt a little different this year as my kids are all getting older and have families of their own. My wife and I woke early with our youngest daughter and opened a few gifts. Then we all got ready to go skiing. My daughter is an instructor up at Alta and left before me and my wife.

Eventually my wife and I got out the door and thought we would head to Alta as well (Snowbird is also an option). That way if our daughter didn't have any kids to teach, we could take a few runs together. Ultimately we never got to ski with our daughter but we did have some great runs in the fresh snow.

For the past few years we have had snow on Christmas eve which makes for a great day of skiing. Today was no exception. The funny thing is that the snow prediction for the week was only a couple of inches at the resorts. Fortunately we got a lot more than that. While I looked at the weather the report last night, I made sure to double check Alta's website this morning. Sure enough, the 1 to 3 inches predicted turned into 9.

While skiers used to be able to call resorts for snow reports, the Internet has made things much easier. We can look things up at the resort website and find out the latest weather reports. If we want more information, we can look at webcams and see the conditions first-hand. Today those conditions looked pretty good and it made for a very merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment