Wednesday, December 4, 2019

YouTube: My Source for all Those B-Grade Movies

Last night I found myself with an evening without anything to do. Earlier I had done a search for one of those old movies I used to watch as a teenager and discovered that you could watch "Better Off Dead" on YouTube. I spent the evening watching the movie and enjoying it.

There are several other movies from my formative years that I have been unable to find on any type of disk (DVD or Blu-ray). That makes it tough to add to my movie collection at home. This morning I have been wondering what other movies are available on YouTube. I have an old Dirk Benedict one that I have been trying to find for years. I knew a poor copy existed on the Internet but thought I would see if a better one existed. Sure enough, it does.

Unfortunately the quality of both movies is not that great. It makes me appreciate the DVD copy of "Better of Dead" that I do have in my movie library. However this second movie I only ever saw on VHS video tape and the quality was never good to begin with. So if you find yourself trying to watch an old movie that never really became that popular, check on YouTube. You might be surprised at what you find.

No comments:

Post a Comment