Tuesday, December 3, 2019

The Problem with Working in Research and Development

One of the perks of my job is that I get to visit Tokyo around this time every year. While I have been to Tokyo more times than there are days in a month and so it has become a bit routine, I do enjoy one aspect of this trip: being able to see new technologies currently investigated by other research and development groups. The downside is that I can't talk about any of it. I take my confidentiality agreement very seriously and so I don't even tell my wife about the neat things I get to see.

Yesterday I did a lab tour and saw some very interesting research projects. As I viewed some of the projects, I thought how the technology can be applied and wanted to share the ideas with close friends and family. Unfortunately I can't say a thing. I can't even hint at what I have seen. Today will be more of the same, only on a larger scale. I have to admit that I am looking forward to it. I only wish I could share more.


No comments:

Post a Comment