Sunday, December 22, 2019

The Perfect Gift

One of the best things about this time of year is family gathering together. That is unless it is your in-laws and then it is one of the worst things about this time of the year. Last night my wife's sister showed up at our place with her daughter, son-in-law, and two grandchildren. Neither my wife nor I knew that they would be staying but we have the space and so it is not that big of a problem. We can host them for a couple of days without any difficulty.

This morning at 5 am, a two-year-old girl did not want to sleep any longer and started making noise. So as I sit here this morning thinking about the upcoming Christmas morning and gifts that will be exchanged, I have one suggestion for those looking at any last-minute gifts: noise-cancelling earphones. Both Sony and Bose have some excellent ones that do a really good job. I have an inexpensive pair that do great at drowning out plane noise, but not crying babies. For those with visiting children, I would suggest the more expensive models. They work very well and I recommend a set. Sure they may set you back a couple hundred dollars but how much is your sanity worth?

If you find yourself looking for something a little less expensive, you can get a 50-pack of foam earplugs from Home Depot for less than $10. They may help you sleep through the night. I know I could have used them this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment